Many people get confused between guarantee and warranty. Many feel that both are one and the same thing. However, there is a difference between both.
The term warranty implies a formal assurance given to the customer about the state of the product are true and declares that the manufacturer will be responsible for the repair or replacement, if found defective. On the other hand, the term guarantee implies a commitment given by the seller concerning the product quality. The main difference between warranty and guarantee is that while the former is written, the latter is implied.
- The guarantee serves as a promise made by the manufacturer, to the buyer, that in case the product is below the specified quality, it will be repaired or replaced. Warranty is a written assurance that the facts specified in the product are true and genuine, but if they are not it will be repaired or replaced.
- The guarantee is a sort of commitment made by the manufacturer to the purchaser of goods, whereas Warranty is an assurance given to the buyer by the manufacturer of the goods.
- Guarantees can be oral or written, where oral guarantees are very hard to prove. As opposed to warranty, which is usually written and so, it can be easily proven.
- The guarantee covers product, service, persons and consumer satisfaction while warranty covers products only.
- The guarantee is free of cost. On the other hand, the customer should have to pay for the warranty to safeguard the interest.
- A warranty is a subsidiary condition of sale, which may be expressed or implied. On the other hand, guarantee may or may not be a condition of sale.
|The guarantee serves as a promise made by the manufacturer, to the buyer, that in case the product below quality, it will be repaired, replaced or the money deposited will be refunded.
|Warranty is a written assurance that the facts specified in the product are true and genuine, but if they are not it will be repaired or replaced.
|Product, service and persons.
|Condition of sale
|May or may not be a condition of sale
|Subsidiary condition of sale, which may be expressed or implied.
|Free of cost
|Buyer has to pay for warranty
|Varies from item to item
Gojo offers lifetime performance guarantee on few of its dispensers such as Purell-NXT & Gojo-NXT/ FMX. However, Purell-TFX & Gojo-TFX dispensers come with three years of performance guarantee. Gojo doesn’t offer guarantee on products in case of any physical damages and (or) damages incurred to the dispenser's electrical circuits due to water seepage. There is also no guarantee on Purell TFX floor stands in case of any physical damage.
For more information on guarantee policies please see our Terms and Conditions page.