Do you know why it is critical to implement a good hand hygiene program in schools and daycares in India?
Here are some facts for you:
- Over 1.5 million children under five die each year as a result of diarrhoea. It is the single biggest cause of child deaths in India
- Handwashing with soap at critical times - including before eating or preparing food and after using the toilet - can reduce diarrhoea rates by more than 43 percent.
- Handwashing with soap can reduce the incidence of acute respiratory infections (ARI’s) by around 23 percent.
- A review of several studies shows that handwashing in institutions such as primary schools and daycare centers reduce the occurrence of gastrointestinal infections by an average of 30 percent.
- New studies recommend that routine handwashing in schools can play a significant role in reducing absenteeism among primary school children.
- Studies show that only 53% of children wash their hands after using washroom and only 18% use soap.
Hand borne contaminations are a leading cause of hundreds of lost school days in a year. Being absent from school not only impacts a student’s achievement but also takes valuable learning time away from them. Moreover, frequent infections also affect a child’s growth and development. There is a setback on the milestones that a child is supposed to achieve at the right time due to recurring illness.
With all the demand of a busy school day, maintaining proper hand hygiene at all times is not easy. Water and soap are not always available in the class and visiting washrooms after every sneeze or cough is not practical. Besides bar soaps and bulk soap dispensers which are open to the environment contain more germs and pose the threat of recontamination.
Nevertheless, the hand hygiene program is the number 1 method to stop germs and infections from spreading and education centers should implement this step on priority. GOJO and Purell hand hygiene solutions can help you in creating a healthy learning environment.
GOJO and Purell products are universally recognized and trusted to provide fast and effective protection from germs. For students, parents, and teachers the Purell brand sends a clear signal that we care about cleanliness and the well-being of students. In a recent study, it was shown that many parents were left with a positive overall impression of the education facility that had implemented GOJO’s comprehensive hand hygiene program
GOJO hand hygiene solutions for education centers
GOJO makes hand hygiene as easy as ABC for schools and daycares with Purell advanced hand sanitizers. The eco-friendly and green-certified sanitizer kills 99.99% of germs that cause illnesses. Purell hand sanitizer comes in various product types from a touch-free dispenser to tabletop bottles and they can be placed in classrooms, lunchrooms and other areas for easy convenience and accessibility.
GOJO’s green certified foam soaps have a soft feel that children love and hence encourage them to wash hands with soap and water. GOJO hand soaps are environmentally friendly and free from harsh chemicals
In a recent study, it was revealed that absenteeism due to illness was 51% less in schools that implemented GOJO and Purell products. Hence it proves that GOJO makes it easy for learning centers to implement a complete hand hygiene program and with its partnership you can create a protective shield around students and help them achieve their full potential.